PRIVACY NOTICE TO JOB APPLICANTS
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. It explains why and how we collect your personal data, how we protect these and for how long we retain these. We keep your data as safe and secure as reasonably possible protecting these against loss and unauthorised disclosure or access and we will handle your personal data in strict compliance with applicable data protection laws, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (‘GDPR’).
This Privacy Notice has been set up as a Q&A (‘Questions & Answers’) list.
1. Who will process my personal data?
The ‘Data Controller’ of your personal data will be the following legal entity (hereinafter referred to as ‘Knauf Insulation’): Knauf Insulation SA, rue de Maestricht 95 - 4600 Visé, company number: 0467.601.069.
2. What is the purpose and legal ground for processing my personal data?
The purpose for processing your personal data is to register your application for a job in our company and, if this application leads to start our selection procedure, make a profile of you, meaning that Knauf Insulation will process all the necessary data that is required for us to assess your job application in view of a potential recruitment. This evaluation can also imply an evaluation by a third party (‘assessment’).
The processing of your data is therefore necessary in order to take steps prior to entering into an employment contract and is in Knauf Insulation’s legitimate interests, i.e. the interest to assess and evaluate you before deciding on making an offer of employment, which is also in your interests or at least these do not outweigh our interests.
In case of positive evaluation and decision to hire, we will also use your personal data to prepare an employment contract.
In case of a decision not to hire you, we will retain your personal data for a period of time as well (see 7) in order to be able to contact you if any future job opportunities would seem to match your profile. This is also in the legitimate interests of Knauf Insulation.
3. Which categories of personal data will be processed?
Personal data is all information relating to you or on the basis of which you may be identified. Anonymous data, without possibility to identify you, could thus not be considered as personal data.
For the purposes referred to here above, the processing of personal data will include the following:
- standard data related to your identity (surname, name(s), address, …);
- personal data (date and place of birth, nationality, gender, phone number, email address, hobbies and interests, …);
- your picture if you give it to us on a voluntary basis (e.g. included in your CV);
- data with regard to your professional experience (profile, data on previous employers, termination of last employments and work carried out, special projects, …), including reference checks if you have provided us with references in your CV;
- data with regard to your education (diploma’s, certificates, internships, special trainings, …);
- language skills;
- if applicable, whether you possess a permit of working and/or reside in the European Economic Area (EEA);
- any other personal data that you present us with as part of your application, in your CV or motivation letter, related to the exercise of the role;
- digital assessment through the internet (social media presence), insofar as this presence is open for us to see;
- any other personal data (than mentioned above) that require processing by virtue of the law.
You are not required to provide us with these data. However, not doing so might adversely affect your chances of recruitment.
4. Who will have access to my personal data?
HR and your envisaged hierarchic superior(s) will have access to your personal data on a strict ‘need-to-know’ basis for the purposes described above.
We do not pass on your information to any other third party, with the possible exception of our assessment centre.
The confidentiality of your personal data is guaranteed.
5. How long will my personal data be retained?
We will only hold your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes described above. Knauf Insulation will only retain the data’s of the applicant after the recruitment of a legal obligation (for example, equality of the chances in application of local legislation), or if the business request to retain the data’s of the job applicant, for example to propose to the applicant a new job offer.
In case the recruitment does not result in an employment relationship, your personal data will be retained for a maximum period of two year after the end of the job application procedure for the purposes described under 2.
Knauf Insulation uses an important number of technical securities, both physical and organizational in order to insure the integrity, the confidentiality and the availability of the candidates’ personal data’s. Knauf Insulation carried on securities technologies in order to protect candidates stored personal data’s against unauthorized access, improper use, alterations, illegal or accidental destruction and accidental loss. Knauf Insulation keeps reinforcing its security procedures as new technologies become available. The access to the candidates personal data’s is limited to processors of Knauf Insulation that are involved in its recruitment activities. The processors from Knauf Insulation who have access to the candidates personal data’s must respect the privacy of the candidates visiting the Knauf Insulation website and the confidentiality of the candidates data’s. Knauf Insulation insures a sufficient security for the manual and electronical treatment of the candidates personal data’s, and to prevent from their misuse, all of that while respecting all the local applicable dispositions. Knauf Insulation also guarantees (contractually) that third parties and affiliates processing the candidates personal data’s on behalf of Knauf Insulation, will respect similar security measures, again while respecting all the local applicable dispositions.
7. What are my rights with regard to the processing of my personal data by Knauf Insulation and who can I contact?
You have at any time the possibility to contact Knauf Insulation should you need any support while applying or managing your personal data. Additionally, you have at any time the right to contact Knauf Insulation if you want to:
- access your personal data. This includes the right to obtain a copy of the personal data undergoing processing to the extent that this would not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others;
- rectify your inaccurate personal data including supplementing incomplete data;
- erase your personal data if there is no (longer a) lawful ground for us to process it;
- restrict your personal data if you were to object to the processing or to the accuracy of the processed data or if you wish to retain certain personal data in the context of a possible claim while Knauf Insulation no longer needs the data in the light of the purposes mentioned under point 2.
You have at any time the right to object to the processing for which Knauf Insulation bases itself in point 2 on the legitimate interest. Knauf Insulation will then cease the processing unless it has compelling legitimate grounds for the processing. You will for instance be able to object to the processing of your personal data in the event of an unsuccessful application. In that event, we will delete your personal date immediately and cease any further processing.
In addition, you also have the right - if you feel that Knauf Insulation did not act in line with data protection legislation - to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, of your place of work or of the place of the alleged infringement.
If you would like to receive more information on the processing of your data, your rights or explanation of this Notice, you can always contact us. Your contact at Knauf Insulation for any further information about these rights is: DPE_BE@knaufinsulation.com.
We may edit this Privacy Notice from time to time, within the limitations set out by the relevant privacy and data protection laws.
I confirm having read and understood the Policy